How to believe in yourself

A lady once attended a musical show and was impressed by the performance of one of the artistes, who although was not well known, gave a good account of himself. On getting home she thought of a way to promote the artiste. She finally decided to write and article on the artiste and send it for publication in a national magazine
After fixing an interview and getting some information about the artiste, she wrote her article and took time to edit and reconstruct it before sending it for publishing.
Just a moment after she had sent the article, the following thought came to her.
“How do I expect my article to be published?” I am not a professional writer neither do I write for a living. I don’t think my article will be considered when compared with others out there.
In short, I don’t see my article being published!! About three weeks later, she got a reply form the editor of the magazine she sent her article to. She took the letter and threw it into her closet without reading it.
Some years later, during a cleaning exercise she saw an unopened envelope and tore the seal to see what was inside the content read. “Your story was really fantastic. We need some additional quotes. Please add these and return for publishing in our next issue.” She was shocked and felt ashamed of herself. She rejected her article herself because she didn’t believe in herself. What a shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment